Friday, January 9, 2015

First Christmas

I was so excited for Wilson and Ella to come home for Christmas. I'm not sure how I would of handled being in the NICU on that day. I'm grateful I did not have to find out.

Christmas was so much fun! The kids will not remember it, but I always will. And I hope they will enjoy seeing pictures one day of the special events.

Christmas Eve is spent with Justin's family. We all go over to his Grandma Stella's home for the festivities. I am a bit of a perfectionist. I really try to not let it bother me if everything is not perfect, but the kids first Christmas I really wanted everything to be just right. I had the cutest little outfits for each of them that I got from my Aunt, cousin and Grandma. I dressed them right before we left, and told Justin to protect the outfits at all costs! Well....in the end, Wilson ended up peeing on his outfit right before we left. We let it slide because it was just a little spot and it would dry. We then went over to Grandma Stella's house early to feed the kids and get settled in. Right before everyone was there (we were only waiting on one person) he threw up all over me and himself (mostly on me).
I just about lost it. Justin gave me the keys and said "go home. Take whatever time you need, we will be fine." Have I ever mentioned I have the best husband ever?

I went home and changed my clothes, and wiped Wilson's outfit down and threw it in the dryer. While I waited, I sat in the quiet house and ate an ice cream bar. I felt a lot better and went back over just in time for dinner. I really wish I would not have let it get to me so much, but oh well. I appreciate my husband being so understanding and letting me take the time I needed to collect myself and get back to normal.

I think my favorite part of the evening was Santa. A good friend of ours played Santa, and it was so fun watching the kids get to sit on his lap and look at him with wide eyes and wonderment.


Another highlight of the evening was the live nativity that is always done. I have to say honestly I had a extremely bad attitude the whole day about it. I don't why, I just really did not want anything to do with it. But it turned out being really nice, and I'm glad I put the bad feelings behind me and enjoyed it. I think it helped that we had the cutest baby Jesus ever, and the sweetest Shepherds and lambs you ever did see.
The entire nativity cast
cutest shepherds and sheep you ever did see
out cute little family
Baby Jesus had Santa slippers right?


 Christmas Day was just as fun. In the morning we invited my parents and Justin's Dad and wife over. We opened a few presents we had for the babies and had some fruit and cinnamon rolls, and just enjoyed having the babies home.
Who said you can't get anything done when you have twins?



In the evening we went over to my parents house and had dinner and opened presents with the other kids. It was a wonderful day, and it was truly a blessing having my babies celebrate with us and the entire family. Anna, David and Jonny had not seen the babies yet, and it was really sweet to see their reactions. Anna was a little freaked out about the feeding tubes, and I had to explain how they worked and why they were there. She was also very careful and told me she had been sick last week so she better not get to close. She is the cutest 6 year old. I just love her. David was so excited to see them. He kept wanting to touch them, and kept saying "look at their little noses!" and "they have tiny ears!" Jonny was a little indifferent.

The day after Christmas we did something really special. We have been blessed so much this year in so many ways, we wanted to do something special for the people that helped us out the most.
Justin and I have been working on this project for a long time. We bought a lot of fabric during black Friday sales in November. We made 34 blankets for the NICU. And then, as gifts we made corn bags for everyone in the family out of the same material.
It was really awesome being able to take the babies back to the NICU and give back to them. My mother had also made some blankets and brought the nurses some hot chocolate for their break room. 


The way Justin and I work our schedule, I am up until about 2:00am and then go to bed. In the wee hours of the night. I get bored sometimes, and I like to mess around with one project or another. I had pictured in my mind these pictures for a long time. My Grandmother made me the most beautiful tree skirt and I wanted to use it for some pictures with the babies. I think they turned out pretty cute.




1 comment:

Darlene said...

Absolutely precious. What a wonderful momento for when these two sweethearts get older.