While living in a Condo, the one thing that I have missed the most is being able to have a vegetable garden. So this year I have remedied the situation(maybe). I ordered the middle pot off of amazon it is for growing plants upside down(tomatoes, cucumbers, etc). When that arrived on Thursday I headed over to the trusty J&L to purchase some plants and another planter for a herb garden.
So I ended up planting in the funky contraption 2 tomatoes (growing downward) and 2 cucumber plants (growing upward). In one pot I planted 3 bell peppers, and a cherry tomato. In the last pot I planted some herbs (oregano, parsley, cilantro, thyme) and planted some seeds for some lettuce leafs.
The concern I have is that living close to a brick wall of the strip mall behind the condo I'm worried that the pots won't get enough sun for the tomatoes and cucumbers. I'm also concerned about spacing, but truthfully I don't care if we have a huge harvest. I just want enough to make some salsa, have tomatoes and cucumbers for some sandwiches and enjoy 'fresh' vegetables.

\
So I ended up planting in the funky contraption 2 tomatoes (growing downward) and 2 cucumber plants (growing upward). In one pot I planted 3 bell peppers, and a cherry tomato. In the last pot I planted some herbs (oregano, parsley, cilantro, thyme) and planted some seeds for some lettuce leafs.
The concern I have is that living close to a brick wall of the strip mall behind the condo I'm worried that the pots won't get enough sun for the tomatoes and cucumbers. I'm also concerned about spacing, but truthfully I don't care if we have a huge harvest. I just want enough to make some salsa, have tomatoes and cucumbers for some sandwiches and enjoy 'fresh' vegetables.
\
1 comment:
I think the brick wall might actually help the garden! I planted some tomatoes next to a cement wall last year and it reflected the sun and heat onto the plants and they ended up producing a ton! Good luck!
Post a Comment